Forums

Help › Forums

The Open 2015 at St. Andrews

Mon, Jul 20 2015 8:34 PM (370 replies)
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 1:33 AM

donsprintr:

And at 7:32 a.m. there was so much ball movement on the greens that they've suspended play .... play suspended indefinitely ...

You mean...til monday perhaps?

Eric

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 1:53 AM

LOLserver:

donsprintr:

And at 7:32 a.m. there was so much ball movement on the greens that they've suspended play .... play suspended indefinitely ...

You mean...til monday perhaps?

Eric

I think we're going to hear something from the R&A officials here in about 7 minutes Eric ...

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 2:02 AM

donsprintr:

I think we're going to hear something from the R&A officials here in about 7 minutes Eric ...

I got The Open radio on, the bloody bastards are playing....guessing games!!!!

Eric 

edit....from the Open info 

Round Two Update

R&A Weather Statement

We spent an hour at the far end of the course, before play started, assessing whether the course was playable. Balls were not moving on the greens and while the conditions were extremely difficult, we considered the golf course to be playable. Gusts of wind increased in speed by 10 - 15% after play resumed. This could not be foreseen at the time that play was restarted and made a material difference to the playability of the golf course.

We will make an announcement on when play is likely to restart in due course.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 2:11 AM

Hmmm ... "in due course" is pretty vague as to when ... 

I'm watching the American Century event from Lake Tahoe at Edgewood ... the CTTH course we have on here. Charles Barkley is such a laugh ... :-)

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 2:17 AM

Round 2

• Round 2 suspended after brief passage of play
    • Dustin Johnson, Danny Willett lead on nine-under-par
    • Paul Lawrie alone in third on eight-under
    • Five way tie for fourth
    • Suspension might last until the afternoon

Play suspended at 7:32 due to high winds. Updated: Sat Jul 18 10:17 BST

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 2:21 AM
    • Suspension might last until the afternoon

Mmm, that is first in 1.40 hrs.

I did hurry home to watch golf......instead, I am sitting here updating the thread....LOL

Eric

The Open radio host have finished their games are FINALLY are talking about the problem. 

They believe, according to the weather reports than about 14-15.00 local time the winds will get under 40 mph and perhaps golf is playable again.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 2:36 AM

Saw a funny thing in St Andrews town centre this morning. If only I could have video'd it and stuck it on youtube.

A group of around 5 guys (in their mid 50's)..... Well one of the troupe's (hairpiece) blew off and it took the fittest of them to catch it. Awesome!

Dunno when play's gonna resume because the wind is howling. Wind predicted to calm a little at around 3 or 4 pm.

Time for beers.

tbe

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 2:42 AM

Argghh let Dustin go out in that and lose 3 shots lol

Gonna be some horendous conditions......anyone can win this

• Dubfore
    4,350 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 2:51 AM

The wind drops to around 29 soon, 43mph gusts.  Will be 26mph about noon but still with 40mph gusts and continuing to drop as the day goes on to around 12mph at 9 tonight.  But gusts still strong up to 5pm, 37+ mph.

Sunday will be calmer with a mild breeze, and dry. No delays.

Full two day forecast >> [View:http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/events/open-golf-championship#?tab=fiveDay&map=SignificantWeather&zoom=8&lon=-2.81&lat=56.34&fcTime=1437260400:550:0]

• blindpugh
    433 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 2:52 AM

According to BBC news, play expected to resume at 12.10 pm British time.

RSS