Forums

Help › Forums

CHEATERS!

Wed, Dec 7 2011 7:53 PM (127 replies)
  • chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 2:40 AM

Stop being jelous of the good players and start practicing some more, then you might get just as good and start enjoying the game more and then feel a totall a@s for accusing  people who are dedicated to this game 24/7 of CHEATING!!

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 4:55 AM

mrshazam:

Come off it,,,to say there is not absolute BS going on here,,,is an admission in its self...I have been playing here for over a year...With all my $$ and time,,,I have gone nowhere in 8 months as a Master...Tell me. I have not gained knowledge and skills in that time? I play every day and witness pure meter shots that end up as total Funk...Then watch lesser players,,,with lesser clubs,,,pull off remarkable shot after shot...Work all day to make one twenty foot putt,,,and watch these same players of lesser skills,,,make two,,,three a match.,,And I am talking about a regular basis...It has gotten to the point,,,where I can read every shot on the course,,,hit the meter,,,and funk...Yet,  my knowledge can script the outcome of almost 90% of the holes played...So,,,tell me again,,,this set-up,,,is not Fudge. And I support every WGT Golfer that calls this sight on the carpet,,,its appears to me,,, that support for this set-up comes from the CHEATERS,,,by a format set-up by Cheaters... 

hey mrshazam, you flood these forums with all your rubbish.  At times almost insane gibberish.  

Straight up you have gained nothing in your 171 games.  At times I have likely played that in a couple weeks and the top, top players would do that in a week of plugging away at ready gos.  

You have played 3 ranked games since December 1st.   How much knowledge are you actually gaining?     Enlighten us to your vast knowledge, please!!!!!

Cheers,

b0gey

• villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 5:33 AM

In last Ryder Cup, some matches had been in live and you could see how top players play. They have bad days, but normally have more good days. With practice and good hardware too, all can play better. I dont have any help of hardware and i can make good scores too. If any wants to fly to Spain and visit me, i can permit to see him/her that how i play , not problem about this.

Villa

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 5:39 AM

In any game some people are always better than others. Some people suk like the op and some play well. 20 foot putts are tap ins, if you think not play some of top players LOL. JMO

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 5:53 AM

VanHalenLover:

I would love nothing more than to have an on-site annual comp sponsored by wgt. Take all the top players and fly them out to a site with all the exact same computer hardware, and have an in-person bracketed tournament.

Anyone who has nothing to hide will happily show up and lay it all on the line. Those who refuse, well, nuf said.

Auto enter the top money winners, and those of each tier with the lowest average.

Settle it once and for all, and give wgt an opportunity to advertise the hell out of this game, with a special tournament.

Wouldn't ever happen, however, I have always admitted that I would be only about a 70-avg player without a ruler and calculator.  Anyone that isn't playing with them is putting themselves at a severe disadvantage.

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 6:33 AM

claremoreblue:

In any game some people are always better than others. Some people suk like the op and some play well. 20 foot putts are tap ins, if you think not play some of top players LOL. JMO

For some of  the whiners out there, remember this little factoid. Human reaction time can vary from 0.15 second to 1.0 seconds. WGT is a game of skill, and as with any sport the people with the best skill and ability, not to mention dedication, rise to the top!  When your little, twisted, paranoid minds take you down the road of blaming your own inadequacies on "cheaters" ask yourself, why am i not a Professional golfer, or Nascar driver, or fighter pilot? I have played the game with some of the elite players on the site on skype and ventrillo, which gives you the ability to hear THEM hit the ding, and they can do it at will, couple that with their knowledge of how and where to hit the shot, and they become what they are"ELITE".

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 6:48 AM

villadeoro:
    In last Ryder Cup, some matches had been in live and you could see how top players play.

A spectacular lesson for sure!. Watching is one thing but the way it was set up you were sitting in the seat of the host, watching their every move from aim to ding. What made it really educational was the 2 hosts for the matches-Icon and Nivlac. Just watching what they do over the course of 18 holes knocked 2 strokes off my game and made me realize we all have the same issues-they just knew how to deal with them.

• 8buster8
    649 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 7:24 AM

i need to admit that i have been cheating, although unintentionally.  I keep missing the ding but get pretty good shots (sometimes) anyway.  If it goes in the cup, I quickly tip my hat to the gallery and rush to the next hole.

I invest/waste too much time here to get frustrated with anyone but myself.  

• waynewhitetiger
    113 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 8:04 AM

CharlemagneRH:

VanHalenLover:

I would love nothing more than to have an on-site annual comp sponsored by wgt. Take all the top players and fly them out to a site with all the exact same computer hardware, and have an in-person bracketed tournament.

Anyone who has nothing to hide will happily show up and lay it all on the line. Those who refuse, well, nuf said.

Auto enter the top money winners, and those of each tier with the lowest average.

Settle it once and for all, and give wgt an opportunity to advertise the hell out of this game, with a special tournament.

Wouldn't ever happen, however, I have always admitted that I would be only about a 70-avg player without a ruler and calculator.  Anyone that isn't playing with them is putting themselves at a severe disadvantage.

I agree with CharlemagneRH.  If a calculator and a ruler is cheating....Then I'm a cheater.  I like to look at it as "I could do the math in my head, but it would take too long and I could guess at 67% or hit 67%".

I have played with some pretty good players, who are not the top players and I learn something about every hole on every course, every game.  Types of shots, placement of shots, etc.

When you watch a PGA commercial, they end it with "these guys are good"....Same applies here, THESE GUYS (& GALS) ARE GOOD.

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 6:18 AM

Fantastic idea, Van, about the tournament.  Any why shouldn't one use a ruler and calculator in this tournament.  I'm all for it.  They now allow gps's (in amateur golf at least) to calculate distances, so no reason for the two above.  Using other software - well that would be a big no no as you are no longer just using WGT.

WIth regards to how good or bad someone can be, I think Lizzie sums it up quite nicely... if you can call 100,000 words summing up!  And by the way, what sort of butterfly was it?

Err... back to the topic.

For close on 2 months I played with Starter clubs, Beginner putter and freebie balls.  I got to Tour Pro tier and could occasionally shoot -6 (at St Andrews, usually +6 or maybe even +16 at Bethpage!).  I had an average at that tier of just under 68, but I never looked like getting to 67.  I must say, however, I played St Andrews most of the time.  I then joined a Country Club and thanks to some very generous people I was gifted a few decent clubs and balls.  Within 2 days my average came down to below 67 and I made Master tier.  My skill or the equipment?  Both; the skill was there, the equipment brought it out.  Since then I have bought some better balls and immediately I have bettered my best score; -8 at Kiawah which included a bogey at 17!  I scored 30 on the front 9 which for me was unthinkable.  Not the 58's you may be talking about, but that's because I probably don't put as much time or practice into it as some do; Yes, I play it ALL the time, but I play it for fun.  Just waiting for the summer to get back out onto the real golf course.

I too used to think, and to be honest sometimes still do, that underhand tactics were going on; how does one score 35 in a CTTH game when I can only get 250???  But having now played with a few legends (including Villa who posted above, and he IS good), I am starting to believe that it can be done.  Thanks to WGT's imagination and business acumen, they won't allow you to win using starter equipment.  They want your money.  Or, you can do surveys or other offers to get your credits.  But once you do get the credits and you buy the best equipment, you will see your scores tumble, literally!  And then with practice... you never know.

Still think 35 in a CTTH is a bit iffy though!

RSS