Forums

Help › Forums

CHEATERS!

Wed, Dec 7 2011 7:53 PM (127 replies)
  • overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 7:54 AM

Charle:::::

Wouldn't ever happen, however, I have always admitted that I would be only about a 70-avg player without a ruler and calculator.  Anyone that isn't playing with them is putting themselves at a severe disadvantage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edge:

Are you freaking kidding me. A RULER AND A CALCULATOR. Well there's some real skill. Please... thing - Dont come back with "I never mentioned skill". So your avg. is basically Bull...t. Your game / score in general, is one BIG lie. You are a POW...thing. How can you honestly compete in any RG or , ANY tourn. for that matter and truly feel you won...HOW? This proves what I have known all along. Your life / post , is one BIG lie. Also - I know your not the only one. The fact of the matter is, the game was NOT originally designed to use a RULER and or CALCULATOR. Taking notes and memory is fair game. Once you start with the measuring tape / and advance into the sofware programs, which I know you have, thats where it becomes Bull...t. -especially if your competing. What a freaking joke.....edge

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 8:45 AM

Idea for wgt....

3 seperate tourns.   Tourn. 1 a - Note pads and memory Only.

Tourn. 2 b - Rulers and calculators Only.

Tourn. 3 c - Meter software Only.

• kam4122
    1,695 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 9:12 AM

I don't think anyone can be accused of cheating by using a ruler and a calculator lol...

Perhaps maybe if they were sitting a maths exam and those items were prohibited, but not playing WGT!

The swing is broken down into several incremental movements, I guess measuring this and using a ruler calculator is just the way some people will do it, personally i wouldnt have the time or patience, but until somone develops a ruler and a calculator that interacts with the game, it is not cheating.

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 9:49 AM

i see anything more than using a finger and a pair of eyeballs and a brain as unfair i won't go as far as call it cheating. i play this game in a way that makes it harder but more rewarding. i take no notes use no tape to mark distances no ruler or calculator i don't even move the flag marker on approaches or putts ( large cross winds or severe slopes i move it just to enlarge the parameters). i just stop short or long of the ding line using the wind or slope to move the ball. i know i could make the game easier for myself, but find it more like the real game harder to play and much more rewarding when i shoot low. i know people have charts with wind and distances on so they know exactly where and how hard to hit it. does it make them good at the game, yes i would say it does. is it in the true spirit of the game, who cares. i'll play my way, i'll never be one of the best. but you might see me on the leaderboard once in a while. at least you'll know i done it the hard way.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 10:14 AM

plim:
    i'll play my way, i'll never be one of the best. but you might see me on the leaderboard once in a while. at least you'll know i done it the hard way.

And that, sir, is exactly the way I play. Heh-the faster the better. Even better-who cares?It's fun, plain and simple.  Some days you eat the bear and other days you just don't go where the bear is.   :-)

• cheeznutts8
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 10:21 AM

How does a ruler help?

• gobbog
    150 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 10:49 AM

YankeeJim:

villadeoro:
    In last Ryder Cup, some matches had been in live and you could see how top players play.

A spectacular lesson for sure!. Watching is one thing but the way it was set up you were sitting in the seat of the host, watching their every move from aim to ding. What made it really educational was the 2 hosts for the matches-Icon and Nivlac. Just watching what they do over the course of 18 holes knocked 2 strokes off my game and made me realize we all have the same issues-they just knew how to deal with them.

Jim & Villa,

Where/how did you see this? I'd love to watch a round.

- gob

• kam4122
    1,695 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 11:04 AM

I think Plim makes a fair point, and the fairest point of all is we all get to play the game how we see fit. Some prefer the aim and ding (some are more methodical and scientific than others), others feel it out with swing manipulation. There is no doubt the latter is much quicker. For me as long as everyone keeps reasonable pace in a multi player game good luck to them.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 11:31 AM

Funny stuff boys. Tape, rulers, calculators, what no protractors? This might kill me, but here goes. Not to defend the Charmane one, but any type of aid would of course be tied that individuals interpretation of what = distance, wind or anything else that is tangible in making a shot in this game. So,  how can that be cheating? lol.  JB

• crgade
    490 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 11:52 AM

using a ruler and calculater is cheating ..................... gimme a break

have caddied in 3 lpga tournements and you should see the stuff the pros use book with yardage and should see the notes they use I thought I was agood local club caddy and boy was I humbled by what the pros do

using a calculator to figure out quickly if it should be 60 65 or 70 % power on a shot smart

using the ruler or paper taped to bottom of moniter to indicate %'s on powerbar also smart

personally i would love to know what other calculations or formulas Charlemagne uses,

unlike others i want to get better not *** at my betters try to reach them anyway possible

so play practice and do whatever you have to do to get better and if you not willing to do that just SHADDUP and go play tigers game

RSS