Help › Forums

CHEATERS!

Wed, Dec 7 2011 7:53 PM (127 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 12:00 PM

gobbog:
    Where/how did you see this? I'd love to watch a round

Seveking did the legwork and was able to host the first ever WGT match for viewing by logging onto a site that had video display capability. He played as a third in a Ryder cup match and you saw it as if you were Seve. Nivlac took over the back nine because of some issues on Seve's end and Icon volunteered to host the final match. 

This all happened during the just finished Ryder Cup and was live. I don't know if replays are available but Seve was back at it again here.

This is the link to the original thread where it all started.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 12:19 PM

VanHalenLover:
    I would love nothing more than to have an on-site annual comp sponsored by wgt. Take all the top players and fly them out to a site with all the exact same computer hardware, and have an in-person bracketed tournament.

God I would love nothing more than to do something like that.  If nothing else maybe it would shut clueless folks like the OP up.

Do we shoot great scores every time?  Hell no!  I have one of the worst computers in the business and WD from about 25% of tourneys I play in because of meter glitches.  I am also quite capable of shooting 28 in the very next tourney I play.....happens all the time. A few weeks back I shot 25 on STA front from the Legend tees right after WD from 4 straight Ready Gos.   I've never played on a computer that didn't have moderate to severe meter probs so it would be a real treat to play on a solid system.

No rulers or calcs for me.  Never used them and never will.  With a smooth meter a HORRIBLE round for me is around 66 in the toughest conditions.

Imbeciles like the 3rd poster who think it's not possible because they aren't good send me over the cliff with frustration.  Is there cheating going on by some players?  Quite possibly but I have no proof and can say assuredly that the TOP players on this site are people of integrity and don't cheat the game.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 12:30 PM

I can't afford to cheat .... I never signed a pre-nup and would be taken to the cleaners.

It's bad enough the wife did ask who this chick "Iconian" was and why was she taking dirty to me during our game.

• sallu4u
    87 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 12:33 PM

Heath021:

I just love how these same players keep winning over and over without cheating in some way...i dont know how they do but they must...shooting so low all the freaking time.  This game does not allow for that. I dont want to here the same bull about how much they practice. This is a computer game with alot of gliches. Meter screw-ups, the wind is usually wrong. So dont give me that bull. These are computer geeks who know how to cheat the system is some way. I would like to name names but not going to.

Dont think they are cheating heath.This thought also come into my minds fewtimes but then if u look at their stats,there are some indicators why they are consistently performing good.

Best example is approach and chipping stats.My GIR IS 71% which is ok but I have an average  distance from pin of 20 feet  and as a result i have a greater percentage of 2 putts and more pars than birdies.

All the best players i have seen are far superior in these aspects and that in my view is the reason for their performance.

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 12:51 PM

some seriously sour grapes in here. i admit, i at one time did wonder how people could shoot such low scores. i also admit i have hit "perfect" dinged shots in low wind only to end up 15 yards from the pin. and who hasn't punched their computer in frustration over a meter glitch!?

with that said, i have been on this site for a year now and with equipment upgrades and entirely too much time spent on here, i have become a pretty good player. there are quite a few better than me, but i shoot fairly consistently good scores and i do not cheat.  you sort of learn where the key percentages are on your meter.  and the ruler thing kind of makes me laugh, but i guess if it works for people...

anyway, it is just a game. like any video game some people are just better than others. stop crying about it and just enjoy it for the flawed and imperfect game it is...just like golf is in real life.

and sign me up for the WGT live tournament in Vegas with everyone on equal equipment. I am SO in!

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 1:12 PM

JCOlson:
    and sign me up for the WGT live tournament in Vegas with everyone on equal equipment. I am SO in!

I'll be there....just have it at or close to the WYNN, good excuse to use my 3 night anytime comps..;D 

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 2:02 PM

All expenses paid?  I'm in!

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 2:04 PM

Sign me up.  Can I bring all my rulers,tapes notes,cheat sheets and maybe my girlfriend.   And my dog.   :-)

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 4:48 PM

lvietri does it again!...LOL : )))))))))))) You are the Greatest my friend. And that goes without cheating...

I also have to add. I use nothing but memory and skill. "whatever skill I have"..lol. The reason I included notes; there was a time I tried them during a CTTH competition. But, everyother time I would play, the wind direction would change and it became tooo frustrating. Between the CC - work - and now basketball season, I barly have enough time to put a couple rounds together- outside of trying to note in which direction each blade of grass grows.

• snowieman
    87 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 5:07 PM
    if there are no such thing as cheaters,how come there are people with multiple accounts like slic@@@ who play at two different tiers? how come people who challenge for credits like sun@@@@@ 705 punch well above their weight. how come when you report these people to wgt nothing happens.
RSS