Forums

Help › Forums

Are Putting Woes Widespread?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 10 2016 2:34 PM (114 replies)
  • lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2016 8:33 AM

pdb1 I am certainly not one of the best putter on wgt but if I can help please message me for a game. 

• parkerwall3
    1 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2016 9:35 AM

it seems nothing is consistent with this game. just when you begin having FUN it changes. OR the pop up ads block the screen and I have to log off then back on... I actually want to go back a level to amateur as i don't play often but when I do I binge play and get to where I'm under par or right at par and trying to break my own records ..then my status changed along with yardage , green speed but worst of all the inconsistency...especially with chips around the green that go blowing by  ...so frustrating that I'm about to look for another game.

• Heath021
    378 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2016 2:50 PM

Are other players having an issue with putting I always use the 60 ft scale with my putter and I have notice many time it has cost me…that when I use the chip view to get a good idea of the break and then make sure I am on the 60 scale when I putt it comes up way short like the 15 scale was used. It has happened to me way too many times. And yes, I have checked the scale because it has burned me too many times. 

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2016 3:08 PM

Having just finished Icons' Labor Day challenge, I think I may abe able to shed some light on this. When you are putting from 300' , if you are off by one pixel, the results can be 6' either side of the hole, sometimes more. Distance works pretty much the same way. It's the whole circle of precision thing and in the end, especially at that distance, if it does drop, the stars have aligned in your favor. I more than likely tried over 1000 putts over the weekend, with very detailed markers positioned just off ding to compensate for break. Many , many times, hitting just off to the right, the ball went left, and missing just left, the ball went right. This has to be the deviation built into the game, there is no other explanation. I finally did hole one out, but, as IRL, luck was a major factor.

Doc :)

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2016 4:46 PM

parkerwall3:

it seems nothing is consistent with this game. just when you begin having FUN it changes. OR the pop up ads block the screen and I have to log off then back on... I actually want to go back a level to amateur as i don't play often but when I do I binge play and get to where I'm under par or right at par and trying to break my own records ..then my status changed along with yardage , green speed but worst of all the inconsistency...especially with chips around the green that go blowing by  ...so frustrating that I'm about to look for another game.

Couple of things...you cannot go back a tier.

This game is free...as long as you don't desire to become good at it. To do that, you need to upgrade your equipment. Starter wedges and range balls provide zero spin to slow or stop the ball on the green. Starter equipment is notoriously inconsistent anyway...designed that way to entice people to spend money on upgrades. WGT is a for profit business after all.

What you have to decide is if the hobby is worth the expense?. To many, it is. To some, they don't care about averages or winning; they just want to kill an hour whacking a ball around.

Like any other hobby or pastime...you get out what you put in.

ct

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2016 7:14 PM

pdb1:

ct690911:
    This game is free

Not . Not even technically . Or barely . Or in any sense of the word .

ct690911:
    What you have to decide is if the hobby is worth the expense?

Or is the hobby worth the time and effort

ct690911:
    Like any other hobby or pastime...you get out what you put in.

I think some hobbies are different in many ways . This hobby certainly is . Although I am still aware of the wonderful features and choices and pleasure , etc that WGT has to offer .

I am not one to feel that I get back what I put in . Especially monetarily . But in many other areas as well . In many ways . There is a good case for saying we have been ripped off . 

Yes I will elaborate on that . Later .

1. The game is absolutely free if you stick with starter equipment and range balls.

2. You really don't have to elaborate. Especially since you feeling "ripped off" hasn't slowed you down. There are those who constantly trash the game, saying it's garbage, or a rip off....but they continue with it, unabated...year after year. Says far more about them than it does about the game. 

3. I don't mind you quoting me, but please quote the entire sentence for context and accuracy. Important given the post I was responding to.

To wit : "This game is free...as long as you don't desire to become good at it. To do that, you need to upgrade your equipment..."

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2016 7:30 PM

parkerwall3:

have to agree, the only thing consistent with the game is that nothing is consistent!

RSS