Help › Forums

MioKontic

Wed, Nov 9 2011 10:03 AM (174 replies)
  • robdelahunty
    670 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 12:12 AM

givmio1mrechance:

Newbie here, needs help on how to start a save Mio fan club

Go to community intro place a post there you will get a reply from HQ within minutes,not too sure wether it will be the reply you are looking for though!

• asugunnu
    48 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 1:41 AM

Requiem for MIO :

How many times must the multi accounters play
    Before they are forever banned
    The answer, my friend, isn't blowing in  WGT
    The answer isn't blowing in  WGT..

P.S : Apologies Bob..

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 11:48 AM

MioKontic has been banned, from the forum and from WGT.  I am not just talking about MioKontic the account, I am talking about MioKontic the person!

What has MioKontic done that is so wrong that WGT consider him so much of a threat to their business?  One person out of hundreds of thousands, or maybe millions!  Why is it considered so wrong to want a game that is run with honesty and integrity?  And what did MioKontic do that was so extremely worse than anyone else on WGT that MioKontic the person had to be banned from playing on this site again?

There are many threads in the WGT forum where players are named for cheating, multi-accounting, sandbagging.  The recent Deviations thread or the 'passing of passwords' thread are just two examples.  How many of those involved in the accusations even got a suspension from the game let alone a life ban?

Yesterday a video was posted on YouTube (now deleted) accusing Electra CC players of cheating.  The video owner named himself MioKon55.  This was not Mio, but someone wanting to smear Mio's name, someone who is, and probably still is, a player on WGT.  The video was slander as there is no proof of any of the accusations contained in the video.  Andyson, Priestess and LizzieRossetti all posted comments to say that Mio was not the uploader and that the information contained therein was a lie.  Those comments were deleted by the uploader after about 20 minutes.

The perpetrators, more than 1 were involved in the making of the video, are all WGT members who are still playing.

WGT - there are many players on this site that want MioKontic back.  Eat some humble pie and so the right thing; be fair and allow MioKontic back onto WGT.  Take away posting privileges as he doesn't want them, but allow MioKontic to play, to play a game which has to many of us, including Mio, become an addiction and not just a pastime.

Mio just wants to play this game.  If you don't re-enable his account who is to say he simply won't start another one, and another one, and another one.  He will play the system, your system.  Is that what you want?  Aren't you better off simply allowing him his original account to play the game that he loves?

Just Sayin'

TBE

• MentalChaos
    141 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 12:24 PM

This is beginning to get annoying... 

"WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) asks that you respect our on-line community and other individuals. When posting Submissions to or otherwise using the Site and/or the services, you agree not to:

• Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.

WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) reserves the right to terminate your access to your account, your ability to access and post to the Site or to receive the services with or without cause and with or without notice, or for any action that WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) determines is inappropriate or disruptive to the Site, services or to any other user of the Site and/or services.

... simply put, Mio apparently (from what I have been reading I have no idea who this guy is but his name is everywhere now) broke these T&C's on multiple occasions.. therefore he was banned.

Just because he was trying to "help" by finding cheaters and whatnot... 2 wrongs dont make a right.. so get over it already.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 12:27 PM

Well there certainly seems a case for anyone saying anything about anybody prevalent here at the moment TBE, and all without any form of redress whatsoever, apsrt of course from Miokontic.

Now we have to wonder why this is, and if we don't wonder that, then we jolly well should.

The people embroiled in the whole Mio fiasco, and here I mean the multi accounters he mentioned, or alluded to, are it seems, free to go about their theft and deception without wgt raising so much as a weak and fairy like hand to stop them. This is what we should be wondering about. I mean why is that? Is it something to do with CC memberships? Is it because they are sleeping with each other? Is it because Admin had a better cash offer from them?

No, none of the above. This is all about personalities, and we all know this. He said this, they said that, he said this again and so on. To the point where to back down would involve loss of face for those who ill advisedly banned Mio in the first place. Instead it was just loss of dignity. Oh, and you can chuck in the loss respect from a large and interested part of this community.

So much is evident in every sinew of every thread dedicated to this subject.

Now we all do agree that there have to be rules because basically, we are all children at heart and none of us can see ourselves in the wrong, which is why we need guidelines and envelopes beyond which we cannot push. Fair enough. BUT only if this is rigidly enforced throughout the whole community, for each perpetrator, for each offence. Which it blatantly is not, if we read the awful mud match trotted out in the Deviations thread whereby one cheat is calling out someone whom they think might be cheating, BY NAME, and so it goes on running in to more and more name calling. And yet, all of those people, who committed the SAME offence as Mio, are still free to play, and in some cases, cheat here at wgt.

Again, I ask, WHY?

Seems to me that management have abandoned not only reason, but also their post, and as such, should just damn well man up and re instate Miokontic, or ban these other people. You can't have it both ways.

Lizzie 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 12:57 PM

MentalChaos:

Ya, it is,  but then things that aren't right and stay not right make it necessary to keep harping. It's equally annoying to not know, beyond speculation, what exactly the problem is. There is a problem. Things don't happen like this because someone felt like it. Choices were made and the consequences of those choices might not be easy to live with but that's the price you pay for ignoring them. 

For all that I don't know about the situation, there had to be some serious violations for WGT to be this hardcore about it.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 1:08 PM

MentalChaos, whole heartedly agree.....

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 1:11 PM

YankeeJim:

MentalChaos:

Ya, it is,  but then things that aren't right and stay not right make it necessary to keep harping. It's equally annoying to not know, beyond speculation, what exactly the problem is. There is a problem. Things don't happen like this because someone felt like it. Choices were made and the consequences of those choices might not be easy to live with but that's the price you pay for ignoring them. 

For all that I don't know about the situation, there had to be some serious violations for WGT to be this hardcore about it.

well said!!

• ljbast
    943 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 1:22 PM

Well said Lizzie and TBE.  In my 2 years here, I have never seen so much turmoil going on with this game. I have seen many worse things posted by others, be it in the forums, on wall posts or in game chat that WGT seems to let go.

Yesterday I watched the YouTube video mentioned and to tell you the truth, it made me sick. And to put MioK55 as the uploader is just wrong and damn evil.  WGT should be concerned as this was a flaming video on a huge public medium for all to see, using their game front and center. Their should be action taken if possible.

As many people have stated, the T&C's are broke daily here, without even a warning or a slap on the wrist. Mio was on a crusade to help make this a better and fair place for all. Butted a few heads with some WGT personnel, and paid the ultimate price. I seriously thing WGT should alter the way they do the "Community spotlight", as that seems to be a slap in the face to many members that are being cheated playing tournaments. I suspect the majority of players don't even bother with the forums, so they have no idea they are being cheated.

It's just a sad time lately on WGT, my favorite pastime for the last couple years. Hope things get back to where it was when things were better. Do the right thing WGT, bring back Mio to the game he loves, put restrictions on him, no forums, whatever.

• MentalChaos
    141 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 1:49 PM

Bottom line guys, 

Mio must have done something other than what he did in the publics eye that violated the T&C's in a serious enough way to merit a ban, at this point it shouldnt matter what it was to you, its none of your business, so just drop it and move on.

RSS