Forums

Help › Forums

25K Credit Reward Up for Grabs

Sat, Mar 10 2012 9:20 PM (136 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 9:16 AM

jakestanfill7:

Well meter is irrelevant now.  I'm totally locked out of game.  No box to sign in on home page.  Dial shows it loading then disappears.  Game client loads to 77% then locks up.

Tried everything you can imagine.  Even reformatted hard drive.  Was able to get back in.  Played 2 rounds then back to the same.

All other sites I visit perform exactly like they should.

Any ideas?

I'm not sure if it has been suggested but you could create a dual boot system with either XP or Vista to use when you play WGT. 

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 6:26 PM

Haven't been able to find a gaming mouse yet but seem to have things under control.  Meter is nowhere near perfect but much better than it has been.

Created dual boot system with only Firefox running on one partition.  Updated all drivers but did not download any Windows Security Updates on the WGT partition.  Went with AVG free antivirus on this partition.  Game still horrible in every browser but FF but hey at least I can get on the site and play again.  Getting about 1-2 bumps per side but I can live with that.

Still can't log on to site on original partition and have no idea what got tweaked to deny WGT site from any browser when all other sites load and perform great on the original boot partition.

At least this should see me through until I start my new job and have resources to get a new system.

Many thanks to all of you who chimed in and offered assistance.  Didn't ever find anyone willing to dial in and "optimize" my system but think some of the suggestions had to have helped a bit.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 6:52 PM

jakestanfill7:
    Didn't ever find anyone willing to dial in and "optimize" my system but think some of the suggestions had to have helped a bit.

Hey Jake,

I think it was "ifixpcs" that offered to link to another players PC to set their computer up.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 7:04 PM

MBaggese:
    I think it was "ifixpcs" that offered to link to another players PC to set their computer up.

Ha.  I saw him saying the in another thread a few weeks ago.  Sent him a friend request and explanation why I needed help.  Never heard a word from him.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 7:11 PM

I just checked his profile to make sure I had the name right, no activity since late October....

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 9:54 PM

jakestanfill7:

Haven't been able to find a gaming mouse yet but seem to have things under control.  Meter is nowhere near perfect but much better than it has been.

Created dual boot system with only Firefox running on one partition.  Updated all drivers but did not download any Windows Security Updates on the WGT partition.  Went with AVG free antivirus on this partition.  Game still horrible in every browser but FF but hey at least I can get on the site and play again.  Getting about 1-2 bumps per side but I can live with that.

Jake,

Not sure about your part of the world but in mine, AVG Free AntiVirus would be one of the worst you could use. Microsoft Security Essentials is also free and a far better program in every aspect. (IMHO)

I don't believe you necessarily need a gaming mouse, just get a wired mouse that you feel comfortable with. They can be quite inexpensive.

On a side note, I notice you did shoot a 27 in your one ranked round since getting up and running again so perhaps us fellow legends should be glad Jake is not up to speed fully yet lol :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 5:02 AM

GoldCard:
    , AVG Free AntiVirus would be one of the worst you could use.

Respectfully disagree here. Been using it for 3 years now. Great free anti-virus.

@Jake-If you want someone to literally go into your computer remotely to diagnose/fix it I can do that. 

• Mariho
    21 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 12:39 PM

Jake,i was having major problems also, i downloaded Advance System Care, it has all the tweaks u need plus a game mode option ( for internet games ) and a turbo boost i have the latest PRO version i can send you, it's simple, it works, and it's free, reach me @ mariho123@yahoo.ca

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 8:26 PM

Mariho:
    Jake,i was having major problems also, i downloaded Advance System Care, it has all the tweaks u need plus a game mode option ( for internet games ) and a turbo boost i have the latest PRO version i can send you, it's simple, it works, and it's free, reach me @ mariho123@yahoo.ca

Been running the same program for a while.  I had some issues that even ASC couldn't help. 

After creating the dual boot and learning a bit by comparing the partitions, I learned that my old partition was not recognizing updated video and graphics drivers properly.  Place I used to look to see if I was current was actually lying to me.  Have that all resolved now and can honestly say this game has certainly made me more computer savvy.  Not perfect meter by any stretch but not hitting balls OB like I was.

Also, I figured out why I was getting locked out where game would not load and no box appeared on home page to log in.  At someone's suggestion I had disabled 3 party cookies and THAT was preventing game from loading.  Even after running Flash uninstaller and installing a new edition, something in Flash was saving that setting.  So if anybody ever has that problem please pass that along.

Thanks again to all that have offered suggestions.  Off to try and regain my timing that has been thoroughly destroyed.

• Willsstrs
    632 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2012 4:18 AM

jakestanfill7:

Created dual boot system with only Firefox running on one partition.  Updated all drivers but did not download any Windows Security Updates on the WGT partition.  Went with AVG free antivirus on this partition.  Game still horrible in every browser 

Do you use google chrome? I find that my meter is much better on chrome...

RSS