Forums

Help › Forums

SHAME ON YOU WGT!!

Sun, Jul 28 2013 12:55 AM (99 replies)
  • a14morfun
    59 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 9:15 AM

Good going for a good company icon.  But this is pure BS.  100% rate of inflation overnight?  Get real!!!

WGTicon:

Hi

it wasn't entirely our decision. In order to continue offering these, we had to raise it. I didn't like it either, but I rather have this at these levels than not have it at all.

-wgticon

• zzturk
    150 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 5:12 AM

While my original post was/is truly meant - that business is business - I feel it is only fair to point out that, ever since the reduced View payouts, there have been extraordinarily more sources of both views AND actual credits for the "carousel" crowds.

I am currently earning (IMO) MORE credits now since the carousel reduced payouts because of the new ad revenue generated freebies, and sometimes, just sometimes, one of the 5 view specials, and often a 2 view special allowed me to repeat them SEVERAL times and get credits for each (why not - sponsor is paying)!

Carousel views used to yield almost exactly one maximum cash in per week (which was 50 views) - currently, I know that I'm averaging MORE than one maximum, meaning there are many views leftover toward the next cash in after a week's time plus the one I also made.

Stay up to date, and if you can go in during the night and the next day, there are yet MORE freebie views and/or credits to be had in the 24 hour period.

Other than premium ball players, there are enough freebies currently to keep anyone out of the starter ball penalty box ... and save up for great top-of-the-line clubs!

• zzturk
    150 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 5:12 AM

While my original post was/is truly meant - that business is business - I feel it is only fair to point out that, ever since the reduced View payouts, there have been extraordinarily more sources of both views AND actual credits for the "carousel" crowds.

I am currently earning (IMO) MORE credits now since the carousel reduced payouts because of the new ad revenue generated freebies, and sometimes, just sometimes, one of the 5 view specials, and often a 2 view special allowed me to repeat them SEVERAL times and get credits for each (why not - sponsor is paying)!

Carousel views used to yield almost exactly one maximum cash in per week (which was 50 views) - currently, I know that I'm averaging MORE than one maximum, meaning there are many views leftover toward the next cash in after a week's time plus the one I also made.

Stay up to date, and if you can go in during the night and the next day, there are yet MORE freebie views and/or credits to be had in the 24 hour period.

Other than premium ball players, there are enough freebies currently to keep anyone out of the starter ball penalty box ... and save up for great top-of-the-line clubs!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 6:36 AM

I've had 4 drivers, 3 iron sets, 4 putters and 6 wedges plus all the balls I need ( a lot!) all of these purchased with free credits. I am very grateful that the game provides this opportunity.

It should be remembered however, that these credits are not free, they are earned. We are being paid for our time and input.

• couldofbeenpga
    47 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 6:38 AM

I see once again that you WGT have managed to encite the rath of the masses. I wonder how many more times it will happen, before your 5 million or so players reverts to 2.5 million !  Keep up the good work !!  (sarcasm)

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 6:53 AM

I thought that there were enough threads on this without people resurrecting their old ones.

• MadRhy
    4 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 11:24 AM

Explain to us again why you had to raise the levels????

• Steven1163
    2,912 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 12:20 PM

Can someone who knows something round here explain to me that why  yesterday i broke my driving record and today i shot 68 and it didint register my score??? Is this how WGT does certain players or does this do it to ALL players?? If either is the case then whats the use in trying to get better on here?? 

• trengoff
    128 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 12:28 PM

WGTicon:

Hi

it wasn't entirely our decision. In order to continue offering these, we had to raise it. I didn't like it either, but I rather have this at these levels than not have it at all.

-wgticon

I had to reply to this ... (and the last thing i am is a 'brown nose', lol) ... But ive got to say  ... "what a great, refreshing! truthful response! ... 

No sarcasm intended Icon ... loving it !! ... If only ALL posts were answered in this DIRECT way ... plz keep it up, gr8! 

(hey icon ... If u keep it up, i might even send u a friends request   : p   lol)

• Soggyblogger
    224 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 12:51 PM

CerinoDevoti:

I suppose I'm in the middle of the spectrum. I've made sure WGT offers me a free game as they advertised. I've never put out a penny of my own money to play here.4 sets of clubs and all the balls I can lose have been purchased(bartered) with free credits. I have so many credits right now I don't now what to do with them. I also appreciate the fact that WGT has offered us the opportunity to play here for free through the earn free credit offers.I understand their side of the equation and have no problem with a business making money. Like has been mentioned I'm playing for free, what the hell do I have to complain about?  If the views to credits changed, so be it. The storm will pass and we'll all be back to shot and wind deviation controversies in short order.

Though I am spending credits, and do not do surveys or watch videos for credits, I basically agree that the business model seems to work. I don't know who owns this company, but it seems lik a money making machine. If I am right, then others will build an even better game and steal this games customers (players). Until then, I will keep playing. It's entertainment, and now I have most of the equipment I need to compete. However, I am old and know that my younger self would be doing much better than I am doing currently. There should be a senior league.

RSS