Forums

Help › Forums

SHAME ON YOU WGT!!

Sun, Jul 28 2013 12:55 AM (99 replies)
  • CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 7:38 PM

Siemor:

So as I collected my 1055 views, the exchange was 50 views for 75 credits. Once I went to cash it in they doubled it to 100 views for 75 Credits. What Total BS. And now we know why it is STILL in Beta mode and very page is a stupid advertisement. Cashing these in and not viewing another ad as long as I have credits left and then Ill just stop playing. Way to ruin a barely tolerable experience WGT. I mean when you consider the Shaky meter syndrome and dropped games. This just pulls the trap door switch on its overall lameness

Kinda strange to sit on over 1000 views but I suppose at this point you know that..

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 11:32 PM

CerinoDevoti:
    Kinda strange to sit on over 1000 views but I suppose at this point you know that..

I highly doubt that amount is accurate unless they were spending real money which in that case they would not care about the views. I still do not understand why build up views? Building credits yes but views? Now you have to build up views but only up to 100 not a thousand duh.

• zzturk
    150 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 2:30 AM

However, I will add this (in all fairness): The opportunities for free credits has gone up somewhat dramatically, albeit at the cost of enormous amounts of personal time.

It used to be seven carousel items at 30 seconds each for seven views.

Nowadays, some of these "ads" are mini-movies, 14 plus minutes long, and with absolutely no entertainment value whatsoever. The only watchable one was Duran Duran (maybe the first two times). The rest is torture!

But ... if you don't have the funds to budget, at least you can waste enormous time gaining free credirt, like I do.

Just remember, WGT, all that time spent watching this crap is time lost playing (and making it necessary to replenish balls). 

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 2:40 AM

7 carousel views a day at 1 view each, and videos are now scarcer than they ever where. More opportunities to earn views and credits, not where i live. We only get about 2 videos every 2 weeks now to watch, and at 2 creds each. WGT put it out there that it was now easier to earn these things, lol. You must be joking.

• yorkMackem
    3 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 3:32 AM

See ya WGT. I'm not going to shell out my hard earned money on "virtual" golf balls, when you already rake in a fortune in advertising.

Many games are now structured to tempt you in to playing the game, but never quite giving you enough free resources to fully enjoy it.

I thought this game was different as it's a sports simulation, but it appears not.

• Miloskan
    50 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 4:11 AM

I totally agree, this is a shame. Now I play a lot less.

• Lexdyslic
    66 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 6:45 AM

Best post on the subject!

• Yasve
    14 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 1:38 PM

WGTadmin2:
    Sorry that we did not give you any notice, basically it was a fast decision of either taking down LG for good or make this change.  I too wish that we handled this better.

If you had a ton of views banked please email us, thanks

Dear WGTadmin2, as promised, I wrote an e-mail to you just now and hope it will have a positive result. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Yasve 

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 7:14 PM

Miloskan:

I totally agree, this is a shame. Now I play a lot less.

Level 88 Tour Pro... and this is where you choose to leave your first forum post?

• jwhistler31
    357 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 7:59 PM

Rather not have it at all..... 

RSS