Forums

Help › Forums

The question that killed the mood and the barbeque

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 7 2013 1:25 PM (53 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Sep 4 2013 9:13 AM

It is interesting to study the effect the Volsted Act (prohibition) of 1919 had upon America. Number one, alcohol tax contributed, by far, the most revenue to the government without any replacement available. It created a huge increase of alcoholism, invented Capone style crime nationwide, introduced jake-leg, provided  great millions of dollars to Joe Kennedy (father of JFK) due to his sophisticated and shrewed bootlegging ability, and secured the Presidency for FDR by his promise to repeal the Volstead Act (which he did). The answer is: grab another brew, enjoy the ribs and discuss Obama.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Sep 4 2013 9:43 AM

The only comment I can make is I love my beer. I have never lost a job over it, have never hurt anyone because of it, I drink 90% of the time at home, if I am out I let the wife drive home. I was very young when I had my first beer, developed a terrible addiction to Chivas when I was remote in Turkey for a year. Came home and my 2 year old daughter told me, "quote" daddy I don't like you doing that. I poured a full bottle down the toilet. This was in the 70's and have not touched Scotch since. Fast forward, I again developed a terrible habit of of Jack Daniels, drank way too much, I mean way too much. Still never lost a job or hurt anyone. That same 2 year old girl, now 42 told me Dad, your liver is pissed off at you. She is an ultrasound-MRI tech. I gave up my Jack months ago and am drinking just beer. Is anything good coming from it, probably not, but I love my beer. It is legal to buy, legal to consume and I try to do it safely. If you have never had a good beer, try one. Sometimes they just taste great. If I die with a beer in one hand and a Camel Blue in the other, then I will be happy.

Renni

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Wed, Sep 4 2013 10:31 AM

It's true, Ren was never any good on Jack Daniels as you can see

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Sep 4 2013 12:35 PM

I won't argue with that. Guilty as charged.

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Wed, Sep 4 2013 12:43 PM

DAZZA501:

It's true, Ren was never any good on Jack Daniels as you can see

where are the big Nutzs Renn lol :)

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Wed, Sep 4 2013 2:38 PM

pdxdriver:
    where are the big Nutzs Renn lol :)

Jack will do that to ya. Make your balls shrink :)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Sep 4 2013 4:20 PM

Dazz took the picture from the wrong angle, they are under me, and that hurts like hell when I wake up.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:36 AM

renniw52:

Dazz took the picture from the wrong angle, they are under me, and that hurts like hell when I wake up.

Did someone mention sore balls? I can answer any questions you all may have.

RSS