Forums

Help › Forums

The Open 2015 at St. Andrews

Mon, Jul 20 2015 8:34 PM (370 replies)
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2015 1:41 PM

Is it only me?......I think Spieth will do it again, he is in the run again and the situation fits just perfectly for his coolness and patience.

Eric

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2015 1:58 PM

Young Irish chap's approach @17 was the highlight for me today - very bold.

Think I put the mockers on Scotland's Paul Lawrie's efforts though ;O(

All set for a great final day the way things stand... looking forward to it.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2015 3:53 PM

LOLserver:
    it was a lot of fun in the last holes : )))

Eric's still smiling from his great approach from 202 with a 30 left to right wind on #17. Was like 7 or 8ft from the cup.  Made the putt for bird!  Was great fun and sorry you had troubles and missed it Johnny!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2015 6:42 PM

LOLserver:

Is it only me?......I think Spieth will do it again, he is in the run again and the situation fits just perfectly for his coolness and patience.

Eric

It smells that way. Fate ? Who was last, Hogan in '53 ?

• oneeyedjohn
    9,570 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2015 6:51 PM

Crappy TV coverage  for the final round today.

The BBC will only cover the last  five groups starting at 1:45 PM today.

The 17th hole coverage that I have been watching is finished.

The russian website Dubfore put a link to doesn't work for me, all sorts of crap about downloading this 'n that. Very dodgy some of these "free" TV sites.

So what are my options.

BBCIplayer I guess.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2015 7:12 PM

SweetiePie:

LOLserver:

Eric

It smells that way. Fate ? Who was last, Hogan in '53 ?

Yep, and he couldn't try for the fourth leg of the slam because the Open overlapped the PGA championship (which was match play at that time).

p.s. Don't you know Rory would love to have been a part of this.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2015 7:38 PM

oneeyedjohn:

The coverage in the States has been absolutely wretched. The only hole I've been able to see is the Road Hole. Not a single shot from anywhere else on the course. Are they so stuffed up they can't share it all with the rest of the world? Spend some money on camera crews.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2015 8:30 PM

oneeyedjohn:

The BBC will only cover the last  five groups starting at 1:45 PM today.

The 17th hole coverage that I have been watching is finished.

The russian website Dubfore put a link to doesn't work for me, all sorts of crap about downloading this 'n that. Very dodgy some of these "free" TV sites.

So what are my options.

BBCIplayer I guess.

Log onto this site for the ESPN leaderboard and live real time commercial free uninterrupted Open coverage from all over the course ... it shows what ESPN in the states shows plus some because it doesn't break for commercials or commentary moments with Mike Tirico and crew in the ESPN tower on STA ...     the live feed is on WatchESPN player above the leaderboard on the page ... >>>> HERE

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2015 8:36 PM

YankeeJim:

oneeyedjohn:

The coverage in the States has been absolutely wretched. The only hole I've been able to see is the Road Hole. Not a single shot from anywhere else on the course. Are they so stuffed up they can't share it all with the rest of the world? Spend some money on camera crews.

They've been having great coverage on ESPN Jim ... ABC also had Saturday afternoon coverage, but the Monday coverage is only ESPN as far as I know ...

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2015 9:02 PM

I would like to see Speith win and go into the record book with his fellow Texan Ben Hogan. Masters, U.S.Open and Open in the same year.

For some reason I'm with Zinger. This Oosthuison sp? looks really sharp.

So many could win this,  That Dunne story is interesting. Anyone 8- or 9- has a shot at this in my mind.

Hope the winds aren't too bad and no rain.

RSS