Forums

Help › Forums

Nick Faldo's exaggeration.

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 6 2015 5:14 PM (50 replies)
  • mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2015 6:51 PM

Sadly, she's not alone.  Too many here think nationalism is patriotism, militarism is security, and imperialism is benevolence.

What they fail to understand is that nationalism, militarism and imperialism were the root causes of WW1 and WW2, along with countless proxy wars during the mass psychosis otherwise known as the 20th century.

Just to stay on topic, I rang Sir Nick and he agrees with me.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2015 7:24 PM

mkg335:
    Just to stay on topic, I rang Sir Nick and he agrees with me.

lmao good 1!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2015 7:26 PM

For sure, SP knows ........ how to push your buttons. LMAO!

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2015 7:33 PM

Just saw today on a players profile , if you voted for Obama, I will not play you.

I believe in Jesus ! 

This for me sounds like a nation coming apart ! 

come on really ???

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2015 7:52 PM

Andy, I'm too old for buttons, I have levers.

siggi, you have to remember that comments like the ones you quoted fill a much-needed void.

• jdcote
    18 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2015 8:59 PM

It's called SOCCER and it's boring as watching a casket warp.

"Tonight on Sports: Fernwaggle played to a One/ All tie with Hogsbreath, while Meatcleaver was soundly thrashed by Wartface Bungmuffle, 2 Nil."

God, it's like Basketball on grass!

Run your ass off for 100 yards, kick the ball to another guy who then misses. The Goalie kicks the ball back the other way, where the other team does the same thing, with the same result. 

Lather, Rinse, Repeat. 

Now RUGBY! Sign me up! Use your hands, catch the ball, TACKLE someone. Aussie Football, YES! Run, kick, throw, show some ATHETICISM!

And, do some math, Jim. There are only 1440 minutes in each day. If Nick is having a meaningful day's practice, hitting MAYBE a shot every minute, watching trajectory, seeing if it did what he wanted, then placing the next ball, lining up, hitting it, etc, etc, etc, he's going to have to hit really FAST. More than 2 balls a minute and the practice is a waste of time. At 2 balls a minute, he's going to have to go over 12 hours straight. No lunch, no water break, no toilet break, 12 hour STRAIGHT.

I love Faldo, but this claim is ***.

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2015 9:54 AM

jdcote:

I've watched the Nick Faldo/Glenmorangie commercial a couple times now and, while I appreciate that he does work hard at his game, I think I have to call; "Bullsh!t on one of his claims.

OK, Nick, we get it. You practice a lot. To be even mediocre at the game, you have to hit a ton of balls. But "...1500 balls a day"????

Having had the privilege of seeing Sir Nick Faldo practicing/preparing for several tournaments when he was at the top of his game, I can honestly say I never saw a professional golfer who worked any harder at his game.  I don't think 1500 balls a day is a great stretch; BUT, it's a commercial fellas,  and if you believe everything said in a commercial is a "fact" I'd be willing to bet you have had some problems along the way.

DaveD

(I used to hate the S.O.B. but I couldn't fault his preparation.  Nick and Fanny were a team to be reckoned with.)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2015 10:19 AM

DaveDwingdale:
    (I used to hate the S.O.B. but I couldn't fault his preparation.  Nick and Fanny were a team to be reckoned with.)

A very talented and dedicated player and a joy to watch at times, but as a sportsman, nah, I'll pass thanks.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2015 12:06 PM

siggipj76:

Just saw today on a players profile , if you voted for Obama, I will not play you.

I believe in Jesus ! 

come on really ???

It sounds more to me like the player believes the words of Paul in his second letter to Timothy, as he said "Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil men and imposters will go on from bad to worse, deceivers and deceived." As seems the case with MKG, as he is, with the only history book he ever read and believes, you know, the Howard Zinn version.... 

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2015 12:42 PM

SweetiePie:

siggipj76:

I believe in Jesus ! 

come on really ???

It sounds more to me like the player believes the words of Paul in his second letter to Timothy, as he said "Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil men and imposters will go on from bad to worse, deceivers and deceived." As seems the case with MKG, as he is, with the only history book he ever read and believes, you know, the Howard Zinn version.... 

Lily, once again you've brought a water balloon to a nuclear exchange.  I'll take Stevie Wonder over Paul any day...superstition ain't the way.

RSS